Information We Collect
Customer Proprietary Network Information ("CPNI") is information that relates to the quantity, configuration, type, destination, location, and amount of use of the telecommunications Services you purchase from us, as well as the information contained in your bills for those Services. The way we collect, use, disclose, and protect your CPNI is described in our CPNI Guidelines.
Other Types of Information Collected
We collect several types of information when you communicate with us, visit our website, or purchase or use our Services. Some of that information may be "Personal Information," which is information that identifies, or reasonably could be used to identify, an individual website visitor and/or Southern Linc customer. In general, we may collect the following types of information:
- Customers and prospective customers who communicate with us and purchase or use our Services may be required to provide certain information (including Personal Information), which may include contact information, such as your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address; financial information, such as payment information and credit or debit card information; Social Security Number; taxpayer identification number; driver's license number; the reason for contacting us; and other account-related and service history information. When you apply for Services, we may obtain credit information from outside credit reporting agencies.
- When you contact us or we contact you, we may record or monitor that communication or keep a record of the transaction for quality assurance and training.
- When you use our Services, visit our website, or use applications on your device, we, or our third-party service providers, may collect content you generate when using the Services, information about your account and your device, and the interactions between your device and our network, the interactions between your web browser and our website, or other websites unrelated to our website, and the interactions between applications on your device and our network. Information collected may include, but is not limited to, CPNI, voice, text, and dispatch records, including content, data and usage history, your account number, location (using cell sector, GPS coordinates, or other advanced positioning data), IP address, your search history, web pages you visit and how long you visit them, mobile applications downloaded or used and how long you use them, content transmitted over those applications, network performance data, and information about your connection, including your time zone, language preferences, operating system, platform type, browser type and version, and connection speed. If you create an online account on our website, we may collect information about your user identification, password, access code, and secret questions and answers.
- You may also be required to provide information regarding usage, service history, and other equipment and performance-related information when visiting our website, using our Services, or obtaining service support.
- We may measure and monitor network performance and your device's performance to improve performance.
How We Collect Information
We may collect information from you through one or more methods, including the following:
- As described above, we collect information when you purchase or use our Services, visit our website, or use applications on your device.
- You may be required to provide us with some or all of the types of information described above when you communicate with us, including through our website.
- Third-party agencies, such as credit bureaus or data brokers, may provide us with information, such as credit information or demographic and interest data, that we request so that we may make credit-related decisions to offer and/or provide Services to you.
- Our independent dealers and sales representatives may provide information to us so that we may provide our Services to you. (Note that applicable customer agreement(s) for Services may govern the receipt, use, and disclosure of some information).
- Third parties may provide us with your contact information and other marketing lead information, such as "refer a friend" options or social media platforms.
How We Use the Information
Depending upon the type of information collected, we may use the information in a variety of ways, including:
- To facilitate 911 and/or 988 emergency services;
- To establish, monitor, and maintain your account and billing records, to determine payment and credit risk, and to provide account-related services;
- To provide you with the Services you have purchased, obtained, or requested;
- To bill you and collect payment for your use of the Services;
- To provide customer support and to respond to your questions regarding our Services;
- To determine your eligibility for new products and services;
- To share information with you regarding service offerings and promotions;
- To invite you to customer appreciation events;
- To deliver customized content or advertising that may be of interest to you;
- For the general support of internal operations and network integrity, including network operations, protection, troubleshooting, improvement, and management;
- For the general operation of our website, including maintaining functionality of the website and diagnosing website issues, analyzing trends, providing more efficient service, organizing and analyzing IP addresses by a third-party provider, maintaining and/or enhancing security for website visitors and the website, producing traffic volume statistics, and making the website and our and our affiliates' infrastructure more useful and secure;
- To authenticate you and protect the confidentiality and security of your account and related information;
- To facilitate the prevention of fraud and other illegal activities relating to network usage and device security;
- In connection with investigatory efforts, to prevent or respond to suspected or actual violations of our Customer Terms & Conditions, Website Terms & Conditions or Acceptable Use Policy; and/or
- For other legally permissible purposes, such as monitoring and disclosing any use of our Services or our website, or information relating to such use, to protect the security of our and our affiliates' critical infrastructure.
Online Interest-Based Advertising
Your device will be able to determine your location. We may monitor, collect, and use this location, as well as other information contained on our network and your device, to provide you with Services, including emergency services such as 911 or 988, voice, data, and dispatch services, to operate, maintain, and improve our network, and for other legally permissible purposes, or as required by law. Additionally, some devices feature services based on the general location of your device. With these additional services, such as enhanced mapping, your location may be shared with a designated group or team as specified by the Master Account Holder. If the Master Account Holder consents to these additional services you agree that we may collect, use, and disclose your location to provide the additional services selected and enabled. Many third-party applications and services also use location information, including apps and operating systems. You should carefully review any third-party policies before choosing to share your location information with these third-party applications and services. See “Third Party Websites and Applications” below for more information.
Sharing Your Information
We share your information (including, in some cases, Personal Information) only with third parties, including affiliates and third-party service providers, that perform services on our behalf or to whom you have consented, and only as necessary to provide those services, including, but not limited to, payment processors, debt collection and credit agencies, communications with you, billing services, marketing providers, network and device security services, and other providers that assist in the purchase or provision of Services. Additionally, we may share information with third parties as part of a merger, acquisition, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, or as required by law.
As mentioned above, the manner in which we collect, use, disclose, and protect your CPNI is specifically described in our CPNI Guidelines. Federal law governs our use and sharing of CPNI.
Our website is not directed to, nor designed to attract, children under the age of 13. Our offer of services is limited to adults (age 18 or as provided by law). Please refer to applicable customer agreements or terms of service for specific age requirements of each type of service. WE DO NOT TARGET CHILDREN FOR THE COLLECTION OF INFORMATION ONLINE AND DO NOT KNOWINGLY COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM ANYONE UNDER AGE 13, UNLESS WE FIRST OBTAIN PERMISSION FROM THAT CHILD'S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN.
Safeguarding Your Information
We will never ask for your password or access code to access your account information in an unsolicited telephone call or e-mail. Except as provided in other instructions pertaining to the Services we provide, you should never lend, give, or otherwise disclose any of your passwords or access codes to any unauthorized person. When selecting user names and passwords or access codes, you should choose words or characters that are not obvious.
Third Party Websites and Applications
WAVE PTT is a product of Motorola Solutions, Inc. ("Motorola"). Your use of WAVE PTT is pursuant to a limited, non-exclusive, revocable license and is subject to Motorola's End User License Agreement, which may be amended periodically.
Social Media Services
We work with certain third-party social media platforms to offer you their services through our website. For example, you can use third-party social media services, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, to share information about your experience on our website with your friends and followers. Those social media services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our website. These other services may also notify your friends, both on our website and on the social media platforms that you are a user of our website or about your use of our website, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy practices.
Contacting Us and Limiting the Use of Your Information
Updating Your Information
You may review your Personal Information upon request by contacting Customer Solutions. If there are any inaccuracies in your information, please contact Customer Solutions. Master Account Holders that have established their Online Account Manager may review and update information from the Online Account Manager tool.Revised 4-22-2021