Southern Linc Limited Equipment Warranty
Southern Communications Services, Inc. d/b/a Southern Linc ("Southern Linc") provides a limited warranty ("Warranty") for your new mobile phone, wireless router and/or module listed in the chart below (hereinafter referred to as "Equipment"). Accessories are not covered by this Warranty.
For purposes of clarity, only Equipment that is listed in the chart below is covered by this Warranty.
Your Samsung device is not covered by this Warranty or the terms herein but is covered by a limited warranty provided by Samsung ("Samsung Warranty"). The terms of the Samsung Warranty are available at https://www.samsung.com/us/Legal/Phone-HSGuide/ or you may contact Samsung customer service at https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/ or by calling 1-800-SAMSUNG.
Your Franklin Wireless device is not covered by this Warranty or the terms herein but is covered by a limited warranty provided by Franklin Wireless ("Franklin Warranty"). The terms of the Franklin Warranty are available here. To make a claim for a Franklin Wireless device, please call Customer Solutions at 1-800-818-5462 for assistance and for further instructions.
Your Cisco device is not covered by this Warranty or the terms herein but is covered by a limited warranty provided by Cisco ("Cisco Warranty"). The terms of the Cisco Warranty are available at https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/warranties/warranty-doc-c99-740615.html.
THE SAMSUNG WARRANTY, FRANKLIN WARRANTY, AND CISCO WARRANTY, AS APPLICABLE, IS IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED AND IS YOUR SOLE REMEDY. SOUTHERN LINC MAKES NO ADDITIONAL WARRANTIES, AND DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SOUTHERN LINC AND ITS AFFILIATES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA, OR OTHER FINANCIAL LOSS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE ABILITY OR INABILITY TO USE THE SAMSUNG OR FRANKLIN WIRELESS EQUIPMENT.
Should your Equipment need service, please contact your local Authorized Southern Linc Dealer, Southern Linc Representative or Southern Linc Customer Solutions at 800-818-5462 for assistance and for further instructions. If your warranty claim does not initially appear to be excluded from this Warranty, you will receive shipping instructions to return your Equipment to the Southern Linc Distribution Center. For Southern Linc to process your claim, you must include: (a) a copy of your original receipt or comparable proof of purchase; (b) the Equipment being returned; and (c) any other items indicated in the return instructions or requested by Southern Linc, including a Return Merchandise Authorization Form. Southern Linc is not responsible for items lost during shipping.
Upon its receipt of your Equipment, the Southern Linc Distribution Center will inspect your Equipment and determine whether it meets the requirements of this Warranty. Equipment is generally considered to be defective and covered by this Warranty if your Equipment has stopped functioning due to no fault of you. Southern Linc reserves the right to charge a handling fee if returned Equipment is found not to be under this Warranty.
If, during the Warranty Period (as defined below), the Equipment fails to operate under normal use and service, due to defects in design, material or workmanship, Southern Linc will facilitate the repair or replacement of the Equipment at the sole discretion of Southern Linc, with the same or better model in the same or better condition.
If Southern Linc elects, which it may do in its sole discretion, to replace your Equipment, Southern Linc will provide a different product with comparable or better functionality. Due to advances in technology and market timing, the then-current advertised retail price of your replacement equipment may be less than the original purchase price of your Equipment. Replacement equipment may be new or refurbished goods, and may contain non-OEM parts (including batteries), each at the sole option of Southern Linc. "OEM" means original equipment manufacturer.
If you receive replacement equipment, but fail to return the defective Equipment to Southern Linc within the designated timeframe, you will be charged the full retail price of the replacement equipment.
Southern Linc is not responsible for any data, software applications or other non-manufacturer content including, without limitation, personal settings and downloads, stored on returned Equipment. You are solely responsible for backing up such items, and for wiping such items from memory, prior to shipment to Southern Linc. Subject to the terms of this Warranty, the Equipment is warranted to be free from major defects in design, material and workmanship at the time of its original purchase by you for the duration of the Warranty Period (as defined in the table below).
||Three (3) years from the date of original purchase by you.
NOTE: The battery and charger associated with your Sonim phone are warranted to be free from defects for one (1) year from the date of original purchase by you. Please see details below under "Terms Specific to Sonim Equipment".
||Five (5) years from the date of original purchase by you.|
||One (1) year from the date of original purchase by you.|
|Sentient Energy Sensors
||One (1) year from the date of original purchase by you.|
Warranty Terms Specific to Cat® Equipment
Your CAT device is not covered by this Warranty or the terms herein but is covered by a limited warranty provided by the manufacturer ("CAT Warranty"). The terms of the CAT Warranty are available here. The term of such warranty is two (2) years from the purchase of your device. To make a claim for a CAT device, please call Customer Solutions at 1-800-818-5462 for assistance and for further instructions.
Warranty Terms Specific to Sonim Equipment
Each Sonim phone has a designated IP class for dust and water protection, according to the IEC Ingress Protection (IP) Standard 60529. This means that the phone is dust protected and can be submerged into 6.5 feet/2 m deep water for up to 30 minutes. Sonim phones are also shock resistant and can withstand occasional drops from up to 6.5 feet (2 meters). While Sonim phones are tough, they are not indestructible. Use outside the foregoing parameters is not recommended and is not warranted. After immersion, always promptly rinse and dry your Sonim phone.
Notwithstanding the Warranty Period listed above, the battery and charger associated with your Sonim phone are warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for one (1) year from the date of purchase by you. You should only use Sonim approved batteries and chargers with your Sonim phone. Use of other batteries or chargers may be unsafe or damage your Sonim phone.
- The Warranty is valid only if the original proof of purchase issued to you by Southern Linc, specifying the date of purchase and serial number for this Equipment, is presented with the Equipment to be repaired or replaced. Southern Linc reserves the right to refuse warranty service if this information has been removed or changed after the original purchase of the Equipment.
- If Southern Linc facilitates the repair or replacement of the Equipment, the repaired or replaced equipment shall be warranted for the remaining time of the original warranty period or for ninety (90) days from the date of repair, whichever is longer. Repair or replacement may involve the use of functionally equivalent reconditioned units. Replaced parts or components will become the property of Southern Linc.
- This Warranty does not cover any failure of the Equipment due to misuse or abuse or physical damage, including but not limited to use in other than the normal and customary manner, in accordance with the OEM and/or Southern Linc instructions for use and maintenance of the Equipment.
- This Warranty does not cover damage resulting from liquid interacting with the Equipment beyond what is described as acceptable in the user guide for the Equipment.
- This Warranty does not cover Equipment failures caused by installations, modifications, or repair, or opening of the Equipment performed by a non-Southern Linc authorized person. Tampering with any of the seals on the Equipment will void this Warranty. This Warranty does not cover Equipment in which the serial number is missing or has been altered, damaged or defaced.
- The Warranty does not cover accessories. Nor does this Warranty cover Equipment failures which have been caused by use of accessories or other peripheral devices which are not branded by the OEM and tested original accessories intended for use with the Equipment.
- This Warranty does not cover defects in appearance, cosmetic or decorative items.
- This Warranty does not cover failure related to communication services or signal.
- This Warranty does not cover loss of use of the Equipment or loss of data due to (a) fire, flood, windstorm, lightning, earthquake, exposure to extreme weather conditions, electrical surge or improper voltage, or other acts of God, (b) product performance issues resulting from cellular signal reception or transmission, and (c) damage resulting from viruses, malware, trojan horsed or other software problems.
- The Warranty does not cover any third-party software applications, or failures related to other content you or any third party download or install in the Equipment.
- EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS WARRANTY, SOUTHERN LINC MAKES NO ADDITIONAL WARRANTIES, AND DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THIS WARRANTY IS YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY, AND IS PROVIDED IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. SOUTHERN LINC AND ITS AFFILIATES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA, OR OTHER FINANCIAL LOSS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE ABILITY OR INABILITY TO USE THE EQUIPMENT. The foregoing limitations and exclusions do not apply to the extent such terms are prohibited by applicable state law. This Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights under the laws of your home state.